Brief Guide to consultation document
Northumberland Local Plan Core Strategy: Full Draft Plan Consultation
Friday 12th December 2014 and runs until Wednesday 11th February 2015.
You can receive an automated email from NCC to notify you that the Full Draft Plan document is available for comment. The consultation document can be viewed via the link below:
Core Strategy Full Draft Plan consultation document (live from 12 December).
The Core Strategy is the County Council’s main strategic plan for Northumberland, covering the period to 2031. Last year we undertook two important consultations on Core Strategy Preferred Options.
NCC received substantial levels of feedback on both documents, and as a result undertook significant further work. The Core Strategy Full Draft Plan brings together the two previous documents, and has been updated following feedback and further evidence work.
5. Leaflet about the Core Strategy – Full Draft Plan
The Full Draft Plan:
· Sets out the spatial vision, objectives and outcomes for Northumberland;
· Describes the overall strategic approach to growth across Northumberland; and
· Proposes draft policy approaches for the economy, housing, the environment, climate change, infrastructure, minerals, waste and renewable energy.
Comments and feedback are invited on the Full Draft Plan and its supporting documents:
· Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal Report;
· An Assessment of the Core Strategy under the Habitats Regulations;
· Some evidence base documents covering matters such as Green Belt assessment work, viability, draft update to the Strategic Housing Market Assessment, and infrastructure requirements.
All consultation documents and the evidence base are available to view on our website at www.northumberland.gov.uk/corestrategy Paper copies of the consultation documents can be found in Council planning receptions, libraries and Council Information Points and are also available for purchase. A CD containing the key documents is also available on request.
We are encouraging people to comment online via the above web address. If you have commented before, please use your existing registration details (see above). Commenting online is straightforward, once registered. We will also accept responses by e-mail to PlanningStrategy@northumberland.gov.uk, or by post.
During the consultation, we are holding a number of drop-in events around the County, which are listed at the end of this letter.
The consultation period ends on 11th February 2015 and comments should be submitted by the end of that day.
If you made comments on stage 1 and 2 of the Preferred Options documents (February and October 2013), these have been recorded, processed and responded to. This will be published online.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at PlanningStrategy@northumberland.gov.uk or phone us on 0845 600 6400 if you have any questions about the forthcoming consultation arrangements or the Core Strategy planning process in general.
Ponteland Leisure Centre, Wednesday 14th Jan 1pm – 7:30pm
Ponteland Memorial Hall, Saturday 31st Jan 10am – 3pm
6. Poster about the Core Strategy – Full Draft Plan